A firmware update was recently released for the NVR6XX-4KS2 series devices.
Information, instructions, and download links can be found Here
Troubleshoot/NVR/Errors Found In Log
From Dahua Wiki
Errors Found in Log
Whenever the DVR reboots an entry is created in the Log, Information>Log. In the log the entry will list "Reboot with flags" or "Reboot Symbol". It will show a code telling you why the camera rebooted. Please see the list below:
- 0x00: DVR has rebooted normally: routine maintenance reboot or a user reboot.
- 0x01: Abnormal reboot: power loss, system crash, or other undefined abnormality.
- 0x02: Log stuck.
- 0x03: Hard drive read-write slow: hard drive read-write speed has dropped significantly; hard drive capacity has seriously decreased.
- 0x04: Abnormal recording: Over 3 minutes with no stream on the recording channel.
- 0x05: Bad track: The hard drive has a bad track.
Troubleshooting the codes
- 0x00: Check in Settings>System>Auto Maintain to ensure that the DVR is not set to reboot.
- 0x01: This one is the hardest one to diagnose. We recommend updating the firmware to the most Recent version, hard resetting the DVR, and ensuring the DVR is receiving consistent power.
- 0x02: Clear the log. Go to Information>Log and click Clear.
- 0x03: Check in Settings>Storage>HDD Manage and look at the Status. If it is not "Normal", it is likely that there is a hard drive error and it needs to be replaced.
- 0x04: Check all of the camera connections and ensure they are powered correctly.
- 0x05: Check in Settings>Storage>HDD Manage and look at the Status. If it is not "Normal", it is likely that there is a hard drive error and it needs to be replaced.