Access Control/How to Review and Export Access Control Event Records on DSSExpress V8
This article will go over how to extract access control event records from DSS Express.
If for some reason the server or PC that hosts DSS Express V8 goes down, the controller will store event records for 30 days. You can then acquire these event reports through DSS Express V8.
- Access Controller added to DSS Express V8
Step by Step Instructions
1. Open DSS Client and go to Access Management
2. Navigate over to Access Control Records
3. I would Highly recommend extracting all the logs from the controller to DSS Express just in case there's missing logs. Select the controller and click on Acquire Records
4. Login using the DSS Express login information and click on OK
5. Select the type of records you'd like to acquire from the controller, then select the controller. Click on OK
6. DSS Express will then acquire any missing records and add it to it's database.
7. We can now search for records. Select the controller. Then select the Date and any other filters that you would like to search for. When complete click on Search
8. DSS Express will list all the event reports. You can view more detail by clicking on the "eyeball" icon.
9. This will show the user's information and anything you have linked to this door.
10. To export the record you need to click on Export
11. It will ask you to login to DSS Express again along with an Encryption Password for the extracted file. Confirm the Encrypted Password and click on OK
12. Select the directory on your PC that you would like the file exported to.
13. You will then get a progress bar along with a prompt indicating that the export was complete.
14. The export file will come in a .zip file that you would need to extract, once extracted click on the excel file and enter the Encryption Password you setup
15. The file will now open and you can view all the logs