Sales/Choosing a DVR
Choosing a DVR
When selecting an DVR, or Digital Video Recording device, there are many things to consider. We will go over the following criteria to help assess which DVR is best for your clients.
Number of Channels
This criteria is fairly simple, but also one of the most important. With Dahua products you have several options:
- 4 Channels-Lite and Pro Series
- 8 Channels-Lite and Pro Series
- 16 Channels-Lite and Pro Series
- 4+2 Channels-4 Analog or HD-CVI Inputs, and 2 IP Camera Inputs, 6 Channels Total. Pro Series
- 8+4 Channels-8 Analog or HD-CVI Inputs, and 4 IP Camera Inputs, 12 Channels Total. Pro Series
- 16+8 Channels-16 Analog or HD-CVI Inputs, and 8 IP Camera Inputs, 24 Channels Total. Pro Series
- 16+16 Channels-16 Analog or HD-CVI Inputs, and 16 IP Camera Inputs, 32 Channels Total. Pro Series
Technology will determine if your client requires a Tribrid or Pentrabrid system. For example, if the client wishes to keep their existing cameras, and they already have several AHD cameras installed, the most cost effective solution would be to go with a Pentrabrid.
- Tribrid-These systems are capable of using Analog, HD-CVI, and IP Camera inputs
- Pentabrid-These systems are capable of using Analog, HD-CVI, AHD, HD-TVI, and IP Camera inputs
The amount of time a DVR can record is determined by many factors. Ultimately the primary bottleneck will boil down to the size of the hard drive , and the number of hard drives installed.
- 1 HDD x 6TB Capacity System-Lite Series
- 2 HDD x 6TB Capacity System-Pro Series
- 4 HDD x 6TB Capacity System-Pro
- 8 HDD x 6TB Capacity System-Pro
Max Record Rate
DVRs will be listed based on their maximum recording resolution, and sometimes the bandwidth. If the client has a minimum recording resolution, this would be where to find that information.
Please Note: This is the total number of frames for all channels.
- 60 FPS @ 1080P-Lite Series
- 120 FPS @ 1080P-Lite and Pro Series
- 240 FPS @ 1080P-Lite and Pro Series
- 480 FPS @ 1080P-Pro
If audio recording is a requirement, you want to consider purchasing a DVR with Audio In ports, or an IP Camera that has, "Audio In"
- 1/1, 2-Way-Pro Series
- 4/1, 2-Way-Pro and Lite Series
- 8/1, 2-Way-Lite Series
- 16/1, 2-Way-Pro, and Lite Series
Do you plan on connecting an electronic buzzer, door sensor, or maybe a PIR sensor? Be sure to take into consideration the number of devices you plan on connecting to the DVR, and choose accordingly.
Please Note: The below is subject to change without notice. Always double check the specifications of the system before you purchase.