Access Control/How to Create Door Group and Time Template with Holiday on DSSExpress V8
This article will go over four things
- How to create a door group: Users added to door groups will be granted access to specific doors.
- How to create and select Time Templates: Time Templates are everyday schedules that can be used for Door Groups to give users access to these doors at specific times of the day.
- How to create and select Holiday Plans: Holiday events have two steps. Creating a Plan (schedule) and creating Holidays. You then link the Plans to specific Holidays.
- How to link doors to the door group: Linking doors will let the door group know what doors the users can open
All four steps will be done while creating the door group.
Step by Step Instructions
How to Create a Door Group
1. Open DSS Express Client and go to the Configuration page. Then select Access Control
2. Click on Add Door Group
3. Give the Door Group a Name and a description of the door group under Remarks
How to create and select Time Templates
Note: DSS Express already has pre programmed time templates that you can select from. You cannot delete or modify these templates. For this tutorial we will we doing a 9am to 5pm time template from Mon-Sun
1. Select the Time Template dropdown and click on Create Time Template
2. Name your new template and then click on the gear icon to select to start editing the time
3. Set the schedule and days for your time template then click on OK
4. The grayed out areas mean no access and the green areas mean access granted. Once you confirmed the time and days are correct, click on OK
5. The template is now created so click on the drop down again and select the time template you just created.
How to create Holiday Plans and Holidays
Note: Holidays are done in two steps. Creating a holiday plan (schedule) and linking these holiday plans to Holiday dates you also created. In this tutorial we will be creating a "No access" Holiday Plan for New Years.
1. Lets start by creating a Holiday plan. Click on the Holiday Plan drop down and select Add Holiday Plan
2. Name the Holiday Plan, then with the "Pencil" tool set the schedule you want the doors to be active. For this tutorial I'll leave the timeframe completely greyed out for no access.
3. Now we need to create a Holiday so click on the "+" icon on Holiday List
4. Enter the Holiday Name and the Starting date of the Holiday. It will also ask you how many days this holiday will go for. I will select 1 day so the event is only for that single day. Click on OK when completed
5. We need to link the Holiday Plan to the Holiday so check the box on the newly created Holiday and make sure the entry shows up on the right box entry. Then click on Add to finalize the Holiday entry
6. The Holiday is Plan is now created so click on Holiday Plan and select the newly created Holiday Plan.
Note: The last step is selecting the Doors you want the users to have access to. In this tutorial we only want the first door to be on this door group
7. We now need to select the doors we want the users to have access to. I'm selecting "Channel 1". Make sure the entry moves over to the right box then click on Add
8. The Door Group has now been created. You can check the details of the door group by clicking on the check box and viewing the details on the right box.