Access Control/How to Add Users With Pins Cards and Fingerprints to DSS Express V8
This article will go over adding users with all three methods of authentication for doors on DSS Express V8.
- How to add a user: Adding users through the "Person and Vehicle Info" tab will allow you to open doors via the three authentication methods (Pins, Cards, Fingerprints)
- How to assign PINs to Users: PINs can be assigned to each user to be able to open a door. PINs need to be at least a 6 digit number.
- How to assign Cards to Users: Cards can be assigned via Dahua Card Reader or using Dahua Card Enrollment Reader (ASM100)
- How to assign Fingerprints to Users: Fingerprints can be assigned to users via Dahua Fingerprints Reader or Dahua Fingerprint Enrollment Reader (ASM202)
Step by Step Instructions
How to Add a User
1. Open DSS Client and under Configuration go to Person and Vehicle Info.
2. Make sure you are on the Person List tab and click on Add
3. Give the User an ID and a Name.
These are the minimum requirements for adding a user. You can add more information to the user under Additional Info and Residential Info if needed. You can also add a picture of a user by clicking on the Person Icon and clicking on "Upload" if you already have an existing picture on the PC or by clicking on "Snapshot" and linking to an existing webcam. For this tutorial we will stick with the minimum requirements.
How to assign PINs to Users
1. Continue scrolling down and click on Authentication Info
2. Click on the Multi-factor Authentication Password. You can then enter a PIN code. (6 Digits minimum). Then click on the check mark.
Note: Even though the title says "Multi-factor Authentication Password" you can use the PIN to unlock the door. To unlock the door with the pin you must enter the user "ID" first followed by a "#" then the "6-digit PIN" followed by another "#". For the user we just created, we would enter the PIN like this "1#123456#"
How to assign Cards to Users
1. To add Cards/Fobs to the user click on the gear icon next to Card
2. In this tutorial we are using the ASR1201D attached to our "Card Reader 1" slot on the controller. So we are going to select Device
3. Navigate over to our first entry and select Reader 1
4. Then click on OK. This will tell DSS Express that we are using the existing Card Reader on slot 1 to enroll the cards
5. Go ahead and scan the card on Reader 1. The number of the card will populate and you can now click on the check mark to confirm the card number.
Note: If you purchased our ASM100 you will have to select Card Issuer. The DSS Express will automatically detect the Enrollment Reader.
How to assign Fingerprints to Users
1. Select the "gear" icon next to Fingerprints
2. This time I'll be using the ASR1102AV2 connected to "Card Reader 2" on the access controller.
3. Click on OK when you have selected the reader
4. To add the fingerprint click on Add
5. Click on Add Fingerprint. The icon will start flashing and you will need to scan your finger print three times. Lift your finger after every beep. If successful you will quickly see a "Successful" prompt on the screen.
6. A fingerprint entry will populate once its successfully added
7. You can now click on OK to finalize the user.
8. You can now see the three authentication methods on the User entry.