DSS Windows/Express/Update Firmware
- DSS Express Server:DSS4004-S2
- User Name, Password, and IP address of DSS Express Server
- BIN firmware update file
- 7Zip or WinRAR
|Models||Image||Specifications||Quick Start Guide||Manual||Firmware||Individual HDD Capacity||HDD Drives||EOL|
Step by Step Instructions
Firmware Download and Preparations
1. Download the firmware for your device in the above links.
2. Downloaded file will be in *.tar.gz, and will need to be extracted using 7Zip or WinRAR. Right-Click on the file and select, "Extract here"
3. Once the file is extracted there will be a new file in the folder using a *.tar format. Locate that file, right-click, and select, "Extract here"
4. A folder will be created, inside that folder is a *.BIN file. This is the file used to update the DSS Express Server.
1. Go to the config web page of your DSS Express Server. Example: https://192.168.2.113/config/
2. Click, "Download Config Tool"
3. This will download a *.ZIP file. Locate that file, and extract its contents.
4. This will extract several files including, "ConfigTool.exe" locate the file and double click on it to launch ConfigTool.
1. Click, "Login"
2. Input your DSS Express's server IP, User Name, and Password.
3. Click, "Login"
4. Click, "Open"
5. Locate the BIN file you extracted earlier.
6. Click, "Open"
7. Click, "Upgrade" to being the firmware update.
8. System will being the firmware update process. Once complete the system will reboot, and then will be accessible over the network.